Representing neighborhood associations throughout Asheville for more than 30 years!
Vibrant neighborhoods united in purpose, strong in voice, dedicated to equality and justice
The Coalition of Asheville Neighborhoods (CAN) is a 501(c)3 organization that:
- Educates and informs the community about matters that concern Asheville area neighborhoods;
- Provides a means for Asheville area neighborhood organizations and groups to share information;
- Provides technical assistance to neighborhood groups and individuals that are interested in participating in community affairs; and,
- Advocates for the stability and quality of life of neighborhoods and the community
- Experienced neighborhood leaders and experts ready to offer guidance and assistance
- Proven ability to work constructively with government personnel in city departments and commissions to influence early actions
- Rallying numerous groups to action on topics that impact neighborhoods
- Continuous monitoring to timely discover developments and ordinances that may impact
- Credibility with city decision makers by presenting well considered facts rather than uninformed emotion
Want to make a difference in your neighborhood?
Represent your neighborhood as a member of the CAN Board of Directors!
Coalition of Asheville Neighborhoods Board of Director Duties
Become a CAN Volunteer
We're always looking for help from talented, civic-minded individuals. We need folks to help us with the following areas of our work:
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Neighborhood Outreach
- Government Relations
The following documents are available for download:
Coalition of Asheville Neighborhoods Bylaws